Military Vehicle Preservation Association:
for those preserving and restoring special interest military vehicles, from bicycles and
scooter to tanks and even ships. From the days of horse soldiers with wagons, through
WW I, WW II, Korea, Viet Nam and Operation Desert Storm...
- Other Texas MVPA Chapters
- Arrowhead Chapter (south and west of the DFW Metroplex)
- Bluebonnet Military Motor Pool (Houston area)
- Camp Howze Chapter (Cooke County area)
- East Texas Piney Woods Motor Pool (in and around Tyler)
- Lone Star Chapter (Austin area and west)
- 6th Cavalry Historical Association (Houston area)
- South Texas Chapter (McAllen area)
- Other Regional MVPA Chapters
- Arkansas MV Travelers (Arkansas)
- Dixie Division Military Vehicles Club (Alabama)
- Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club (Phoenix area)
- Visit Historical Denison Texas
- Perrin Field Info
- Perrin AFB Historical Museum
- Camp Maxey, a World War II infantry-training camp ten miles north of Paris, Texas, was named in honor of Samuel Bell Maxey.
- Camp Maxey, Texas
- Camp Maxey
- Birthplace of President Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Museum of the American GI
- The Veterans Museum in Texas
- Roberts Armory Museum
- Texas "Power Wagon" Museum
- Jeep Drawings & Specs
- Everything You Always Wanted To Know About The WWII Military Jeep...
- Willys M Jeeps -M38 flat fenders info
- M38A1 Restoration Site
- Olive-Drab -military photos and information resources
- Steindorff Viaturas Militares -lots of good pics, but you need to read Portugeuse as this is a Brazilian HMV site
- The Commemorative Air Force
- Vintage Flying Museum
- Army Air Corps Living History Group
- National United States Armed Forces Museum
- Of Other Interest
"Honor Flight recognizes American veterans for your sacrifices and achievements by
flying you to Washington, DC to see YOUR memorial at no cost. Top priority (for which we are currently
accepting application only) is given to WWII and terminally ill veterans from all wars. In the future,
Honor Flight will be expanded to include Korean and Vietnam veterans. In order for Honor Flight to achieve
this goal, guardians fly with the beterans on every flight providing assistance and helping veterans have
a safe, memorable and rewarding experience. For what you and your comrades have given to us, please consider
that this is a small token of appreciation from all of us at Honor Flight."
www.HonorFlight.org/ or call 937-521-2400.
Soldiers' Angels "May No Soldier Go Unloved"
Soldiers' Angels is a volunteer based, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Soldiers' Angels is a national
organization with members in all fifty states and Puerto Rico, and several friendly countries who support
our brave men and women in uniform as they carry out their mission. Soldiers' Angels mission is to provide
aide and comfort to the men and women of the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and the Coast
Guard and their amazing families.
- The Lucky Bastard Club
In every generation those who believe in the right are called to defend it, sometimes at great cost to themselves. Letters are a point of contact to the life -- and the love -- they have to leave.
Lt. Roy R. (Jack) Fisher, Jr. left his bride of only 3 months to go to war. At the tender age of 21, he was assigned a brand new B-17 bomber; and given responsibility for the lives of nine other men.
Join Jack in this powerful first-hand account of World War II, seen through a pilot's daily letters to his bride at home.
(Hmmm. You may need to be prepared to hit your browser's STOP button immediately after this page loads. Seems to be
a server glitch that forces it to pass on to a "web-ring" of other sites. Not malicious, just annoying.)